Thursday, July 31, 2008

PT Cruisers are AWESOME!














So,whilst in Oregon we had to rent a car to get ourselves around (and away). We paid EXTRA to get this electric (what Alex calls "make me puke") blue PT Cruiser. Yup. Okay, no, that's what Abbey said we should tell people when they asked us why we were driving around in something the Baby Boom generation considers awesome, but everybody else doesn't. Well, it's mostly the color of the car -- which I chose by the way. Alex wanted the white one, and I had to go for the "make me puke" blue.

It was a good car to drive around in at least. The sound system wasn't great, it only got 21 MPG, and made us look like morons, but it got us where we needed to be. These pictures were taken in Newport, which is kind of a... um... dank and crowded little place. I guess? It is where we caught the video of the crabs eating each other (see below), so that was sweet. But later in this same day I took a four hour nap and missed the logging festival. We did get to see Ripley's Believe it or Not, the Wax Museum, and Undersea adventure (crabs). They were all strange. But at least I got my picture taken with a celebrity:

His face seemed a little squished, and I didn't understand the bandanna wrapped around his wrist, but I guess that's Johnny Depp for you.

I have that presentation today, oh man it's so bad. Oh, well, cognitively I can't come up with anything better than a PowerPoint presentation with pictures of my cats. Oh man.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Yeah! you're posting again!!! yeah!!! that jonny depp doll is kinda creepy...