Monday, October 13, 2008

Ugh

I have grown increasingly lazy, tired, and a bit grumpy.  I think about doing stuff, but then feel overwhelmed by what has to go into the stuff to get it done.  Hey, I was really pleased with myself this last Saturday when I finally laundered my whites... clean socks!

I do have a ton of homework I should be doing/reading.  Yet, I put that off until the last minute because I don't understand it until three hours before it's due.  I'm a grad student, a very sad, pathetic grad student.  I went to observe in a Jr. High on Friday, that was fun.  It's a little weird, because some of the kids (8th grade, I think) didn't understand that writing a letter is not the same as texting a friend.  You really cant write, "hey u i like ppl & go to ur scool."  I had to remind several that it's a good idea to write out your words when writing a letter to the principal about cell phones.

I nap all the time.  I don't have a job anymore so it's really easy to make excuses as to why I can put off homework until later.  I have a bunch of stuff due today, and I've only kind of sort of started on it.  

I do have a relatively good excuse though... I'm nine weeks pregnant.  I'm sick most of the time and my attention span can't make it through an episode of The Office.  I'm hungry, but I don't actually want to eat anything.  My favorite thing right now?  Hot water with half a lemon and a spoonful of sugar.  And licorice nibs.  Cereal is okay, but for some reason I puked that up last night.  Booger.

Okay, back to my lesson plan.  Have a good day.

1 comment:

renostar said...

Booger, lazy, pregnant. Classic key words! Congratulations!! I love it when I find other women who share in the misery that is pregnancy.
When I see that the students in the class I observe use cell phone abreviations on assignments, I throw up in my mouth a little bit. oh how I weep for the future...