Friday, August 14, 2009

Firsts

Now, I know some of you won't find this as amazing as I do (Stephanie), but JGR ROLLED OVER today. It was during our daily tummy time session (I know, doesn't it sound so exciting) and she just rolled over.

Now, for those of you who don't have babies, let me put this into some sort of perspective. Imagine that you've been carrying around a lump of fat for the past three months, and it really doesn't do much except demand that you carry it around. This lump of fat at first glance appears to be cute, but then it continuously fills diapers with feces and pee, spits up (read vomits) cheesy looking stuff on your favorite shirt, and to top it all off cries when you're on your last nerve. (It is a loving last nerve, however...)

So, when this "adorable" lump of fat starts learning how to manage its appendages by grabbing things, pulling said things to her mouth (she did that yesterday) and then ROLLING OVER, maybe you can understand my amazement.

However, when I tried to get her to roll over again, she got angry and demanded to be picked up.

Hey, rolling over the first time is a great feat! Especially for a lump of fat.

2 comments:

Steph said...

when it is YOUR baby, it is exciting.

plus, you are way behind on firsts. where was the post on the first blink? first head turn? first brown-instead of yellow poop?


congrats!

Mindy said...

I am such a proud aunt!!! You know I taught her how to roll over don't you? I'm glad she's starting to put to use. I also taught her how to steal your car- it should be fun when she starts putting that one to use too. She promised to come visit me when she runs away to Europe. So far she always keeps her promises- though I guess there will be a first lie too... I hope its not to me...
Keep me posted on the firsts- some of us aren't already bored with her firsts and really want to hear all about them ;' )