Sunday, August 09, 2009

New Plan

Giving that I spent a year of my life getting a masters degree, and spending enough to purchase a black-market organ in China on said degree, I thought I would be teaching this fall.

However, since the economy sucks and many school districts haven't been able to hire what they need, it looks like I will not be teaching. Bugger. So, for all those loving people who keep asking me about when I'll be getting a job... stop asking, it sort of depresses me. This is mainly because I was really excited to teach, to have a place to go everyday and to feel like I was succeeding at what I wanted to do.

Yet, at the same time I kept trying to think about what I would do with JGR, having to find daycare, how I would pump at work and when, and then how in hell I would deal with going from school stress to home stress (read grading homework and then taking care of baby and house).

So, in reality I'm sort of relieved. I'm still stressed about my mountain of debt, but my loving husband says that we should be good for the next year. Therefore, I will continue being a full-time mom... which, honestly, scares the shit out of me. I don't know what I'm doing, but I figure I'm getting better every day. JGR is getting to be a better baby too, now that I've started to figure out what she's allergic to and cutting it out of my diet.

Oh, man, I miss cookies, but I guess I can miss teaching for a year. At least I get to stay home for a good reason.

2 comments:

Mojo said...

You know, Grant's mother is in somewhat the same boat with the whole milk thing... milk thing... not whole milk...

She still makes some pretty rockin' cookies and I'm sure she'd share cookies/recipes. I can ask her the next time I see her.

Ostler & Co. said...

if it makes you feel any better, half of my friends don't have jobs either and they don't have kids. at least you have a freakin rockin baby, i would say being a mom is a crazy busy job. you'll be fantastic!