Sunday, December 20, 2009

Failure & Success

Sewing Failure:





And sewing success:




Making a pattern for a doll is ten times easier than making the pattern for the doll's clothes.  I find it to be a very frustrating process, but I am slowly learning how it works.  Of course, it helps if I add the extra quarter inch into the pattern itself (second set of pictures) rather than trusting myself to do it myself later with the material (first set of pictures)...  


Hey, I'm learning dammit.  Also, working with knit is sort of a pain in the butt, however the dress/slip looks nice and hangs well.  And it fits her without being overly big or too too small.  


Random note: this is what my mornings look like:



1 comment:

Joan said...

That's a pretty adorable morning....She is so cute and so are the pj's and slippers.