Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Transitions

Babies.

Babies are interesting beings.

They are constantly evolving and becoming something new.  Who they were a week ago is not who they are today.

At least, this is what I'm learning from JG.  Just when I think I have her figured out, she flips like a coin and she's someone I haven't met before.  Which is REALLY frustrating.

I am a creature of status quo, and love and expect things to stay the same.  I know how to deal with sameness.  And I know having these sorts of expectations for a baby is just setting myself up for failure.

BELIEVE ME, I KNOW.

For those times when I am tearing my hair out and on the verge of collapsing to my knees and submersing my head in bleach, I call my parents.

Thank Jesus they live close.

The amount of sanity I still have left in my head can be attributed to my mother and father.

Thanks you guys.  REALLY.


And to think, this is what makes my life difficult and wonderful all at the same time!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

where is this girls bib? i happen to know for a fact that she has a rockstar bib just waiting to be used...and what is she eating? chicken curry? i knew this girl would take on my taste for foriegn foods :) what?!?! you don't serve chicken curry to a 6 month old? this is pureed carrots/apricots/ or yams? thats just asking for some organic fashion re-design...and table re-design, and yes, i've heard that yellow foods are good for my pores and hair too...