Thursday, November 26, 2009

Making some dolls


I've been making some crafty progress.  I thought I would demonstrate to my IMMENSE audience that I am doing stuff... when JG is napping, at least.

I think getting this far has taken me 6 weeks.  Embroidering the faces takes the longest, mainly because I hesitate about colors and what the face should look like.  Then I do the same thing with the hair, I want it to look right, so it took me a solid week of placing felt, removing, cutting, twisting, and then going with my original idea.

I am a seriously slow creative person, especially when I don't have a due date.  However, my mom is having a mini craft fair at her house in two weeks, so I've got to sew together a whole lot of toys... I wonder how quickly I can do that?  I'll post more about that in a little while.







See how excited I am to have them finished?  Now all I have to do is take weeks to make them underpants and dressess... well, that took me a year with the first one.  So, I guess you'll just have to wait and see how quickly (or, in reality, slowly like frozen molasses) I can get these suckers completed.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

i really like them! i love your embroidery- so impressed. and i like the embroidery on teh chest of the one doll- reminds me of a friend i have that when she had to have a double mastectomy she got a huge beatuiful tattoo across her chest to cover the scars and make her chest something beautiful to look at again. you should make one of those dolls :)
i LOVE the idea of tattoed dolls!!!

Mindy said...

oh and by the way- you look awesome! you dropped that baby weight fast sweetie! have you taken up ninja fighting, roller derby, or ultra marathons or something? you look great!

Joan said...

I can't wait to see the finished dolls. I, too, love the embroidery on the chest. And, you do look great.
Also, I noticed the short note that says it's 5 months 2 weeks and 3 days that JGR has stolen from your life. I PROMISE you won't think that in two years. You'll wonder how life went on without her. She is a demanding little thing--adorable, but demanding.