Friday, May 01, 2009

DONE**

**warning, the following post complains about graduate school--read at your own risk**

You know, it's funny.  I thought when I finished my MAT program at Westminster I would be so sorrowful and withdrawn, but after this week I am RELIEVED!  

Don't get me too wrong.  I learned a lot from the majority of the professors I had.  I actually adore most of them as they took the time to teach me and make sure I was understanding the information they were feeding me.  Via enema.

But the class they attached to the very end of the program was completely unnecessary and made me a very grumpy student.  I thought Westminster encouraged their professors to teach students to think for themselves, but apparently not.  Not all of them believe it important for us to have our own personal beliefs or to pursue our own interests.

But, really, it's just one.  And that's all the b****ing I will do about that before digging myself a hole.  

Seriously, I woke up at two in the morning and could not fall back to sleep because I was so angry about this.  You should know, like I stated above, all other professors were pretty awesome and I have zero complaints about them.  

Then I had a dream I was giving birth to an elephant and Alex had those plug earrings... I keep having the strangest birthing dreams.  I guess that just emphasizes that I am two weeks away from my due date.  Now that school is done I'm hoping Brian comes earlier so I can spend more time with him before teaching next year.

Which is me being optimistic, since I don't even have a job set up yet.

No comments: