Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What does?


A lady look like the day after giving birth?

Please note the array of food and drink surrounding me -- I was starving after JGR was born, but of course they wouldn't let me eat for
 quite some time because they didn't want me to be too nauseous.  I think they gave me a poor excuse for a sandwich at first, so the next day I pretty much put whatever was around me in my mouth.  

Very much like a toddler does.

What does a week-old look like in the sweet outfit her dad chose for her?

Sweet giraffe and sweet dinosaur shorts... and yes, these are the "gender neutral" clothes I bought for Brian before JGR came.  To me, gender neutral leans more boy than girl.




And finally, what does JGR look like after pelting her new mother with poo?
If you observe carefully you can see the dark streak in the mesh material and then some on my shorts.  Yes, I removed the diaper and she quite literally blasted me with her poo.  It got all over and I laughed for about ten minutes, unable to re-diaper her because I was shaking so badly with the giggles.  

Babies are sort of gross.

Other than the above events I have been doing practically nothing.  The anemia has limited my activity... it's depressing to think that climbing the stairs is a chore, but the doctor reassured me that in six weeks I should have my strength back, and all of my blood should be back to it's usual reserves after six months.  Awesome.

Okay, I'm going to go nap or eat food now.


1 comment:

Mindy said...

i love the cool snapping dance to the side pose that JGR has in her new outfit! and she's finally gotten the trick of projectile poop down! awesome! some babies take months before they get that down (oh, cuz i know) JGR is certainly top of her class!!!