Sunday, July 19, 2009

Family Bed

Have you ever heard about the "family bed?" It's basically where you have your baby sleep with you. I have a book that tells you not to waste money on a crib and instead buy a king bed to fit all of you... but they don't talk about how the crib I bought at Ikea was less than $200, and a new king bed would run around $800.

Just a note.

Anyway, the family bed. It's true that JGR sleeps better when she's in our bed... but so does the dog, Stella, and our two cats, Maelstrom and Opal. This means there is any combination of things to get stuck between. Alex says that he usually wakes up with me squished up on one side, Maelly at his head, and Stella at his feet.

What? He's a furnace, and if it's a cool night none of us minds the risk of suffocating him if that means we can warm ourselves. Haven't you ever been part of a family before?

So adding JGR to the mix wasn't that hard, and so far the animals have been pretty good about giving her space. The only thing I have to worry about is if she suffocates on my boob, but there isn't much I can do about that. She prefers to bury her face there for "comfort" or something.

Lately she's been waking up screaming because of gas, but sometimes she sleeps in and I'm able to go and make tea and actually eat breakfast before she wakes up (half the time I forget to eat altogether). And when these times happen, this is what she looks like in the mix of all the covers:

1 comment:

Mindy said...

sooo cute! she's getting sooo big! I can't belive it! whats the next growth stage? sh'e got to roll over before she can crawl right?you must must must post more pics on here! JGR is the only kid i actually want to see pics of so indulge me ;' )