Wednesday, July 29, 2009

ugh

I'm sitting here watching "So You Think You Can Dance" thinking, hey, put feathers on anyone's ass and they look pretty hot... or like a chicken. Jeanine looks HOT.

Anyway, this week is turning out to be stressful. My adorable JGR is going through a growth spurt (read SCREAMING ALL THE TIME) and pooping blood. Now, don't picture a horrifying diaper dripping with blood, no. Imagine that you had a bloody nose a couple hours ago and just sneezed into a tissue -- now, mixed in all that snot there happens to be some blood.

All freaking week long. Blood in your two-month-old's diaper is not a good thing. It usually indicates an allergy to something, so I went off everything milk last Saturday. Eliminating food after that pretty much takes care of everything in my diet. So I haven't been eating very well. Which isn't helping.

We went to the doctor today and he pretty much said it could be anything, and if she doesn't stop pooping blood in the next couple of days I have to feed her this super stinky hypoallergenic formula (hey, at the affordable price of $140 a 4 pack!) for three days to see if the blood stops. JGR has never had formula and has recently refused the bottle. Joy.

While we were at the doctors they also took three small vials of blood to see if other things are causing the bloody poo. I had Alex take her in for that, because I can't handle watching people make my child bleed.

I was fine until her unconsolable cries made me cry, and I finally had to get back there to see what was going on. (Okay, so I stood at the desk crying until one of the ladies asked me, "Is that your baby back there?") I witnessed a lady bending over my baby SQUEEZING BLOOD OUT of her heel. THREE VIALS WORTH.

Hell, I would have screamed like crazy too. Damn.

So I'm sitting in my basement watching trashy Fox television trying to calm my nerves about possibly having to feed my child formula -- and having to give up breast feeding. I never thought I would love it so much, but there is something so awesome about having the power to calm my baby with my boob. My boob. If I have to give it up I think I will cry for days.

Hey, look, Brandon actually had chemistry with someone (Kayla). It's so weird because he usually lacks it so badly with the ladies, even though he is such a great dancer.

Ugh.

No comments: