Friday, March 10, 2006

My Creative High


Okay, so in order to boost my sales at Etsy, which by the way are none existent, I'm starting to trade with other sellers. My first trade was with Samanthaleigh, and I made her one-year-old daugher, Amara, a pink horse.

I have to tell you I had the most fun making this creation. Whenever I start making something new it takes me forever to think of how I want it to look, the colors, etc. But, this time I knew I had to kick into action and just do it. I had made a horse before for my nephew, but that one subsequently became "Duck Horse" because my husband said it looked more like a duck than a horse. So, I was all the more determined to make a horse, and not a creature that resembled something else. The above picture is Rosalee, and I screamed through her creation in less than two weeks.

I have to say that I suprised myself and I'm so excited for Amara to get her. Rosalee is 100% cotton yarn with polyfill and beanies in her feet, so she can stand and sit and whatnot.

I'm working on a dragon now...but that is going to be a much slower process. I need to get started on the bear I'll trade with Nycole, but I'm thinking of the design and pattern...and since I make up the pattern as I go it may take a little time. A coworker of mine wants a panda...so I'm working on it folks!

2 comments:

Jen said...

So cute! I feel so uncreative next to my supertalented friends!

Mindy said...

i love this horse! i want one! we'll have to swap something....
great job though! this must have taken forever!