Sunday, November 25, 2007

What I've been working on

Here is the dress I was working on, up until the zipper confused me, and now it's on my dogs crate in a plastic bag. What? You may ask, a zipper was your downfall, a failure? Um, yes, I was frustrated, irritated, and my zipper foot was refusing to work with me, so I folded it up and put it away until my mom can help me. She is a Wiz at sewing garments.

The pin cushion (with 6" doll needle sticking out of her head) is my sweet old lady pin-cushion I made forever ago. I drew her face and realized it had to be sewn to something, which turned into her flowery body (which I inten
ded to be more voluptuous, but this was two years ago when I was still in the thick of learning about making patterns).


Okay, it doesn't seem the lighting is right in either of these pic's, but whatever. I've been working on this doll for a couple months now, and she is almost finished, i just have to figure out how to turn her fingers. I finally bought some of those tiny tube turners, but the hands I had sewn together were a double thickness of fabric and refuse to budge. And when they DO start to turn they tear and fray, regardless of the Fraychek I painted them with.

Ah well, I will get started on that once again after I get my sewing machine back from it's general maintenance. It was supposed to take 7 business days, but the guy was really busy, so I probably won't get it back until next week sometime. Which is good, it forces me to blog in order to get rid of my creative anxiety. I have a lot of that lately. More on the doll later, I've got to get ready to drive to Pocatello, ID to pick up my best friend Mindy.

2 comments:

mimi k said...

I love seeing all the "in progress" activity :-)

Mindy said...

the dress will turn out swimmingly!
I can vouch for the doll- its also coming out wonderfully- I love your dolls carley! you are sooo talented!
I also very much love your old lady pin cushion- I totally want one!