Wednesday, August 06, 2008

She so totally captured it...

Dylan Meconis is a cartoonist/artist that I've been following (read blog-stalking) for a little while. She posted about how seriously a trip can get messed up and posted the following toon:Click on it to make it bigger (or this).


This also captures the way I felt when Alex and I missed our flight home from Oregon. So ANGRY! Plus, the Delta "customer service" lady didn't help at all. She repeated several times that they had overbooked and oversold every flight, so we couldn't wait stand-by for any flight home. They could, however, put us on the plane leaving the next morning if we were willing to shell out $1200 -- seeing as how they would have to charge us $100 for transferring our original tickets to a new flight, and $550 each to upgrade our seats to first class. As those were the ONLY seats available on the freaking plane.

Lianna told me I should have taken a picture of her to post here, but I was so angry at the time I wasn't seeing straight.

So, we had stand in line at Southwest to buy new tickets for $500 to get home the next day (which was a Monday, and this all happened Sunday, July 27). Southwest was awesome. They were all polite and helpful, and more than willing to offer us the help we needed. Fly Southwest, screw Delta. Seriously.


Okay, that should be the last any of you hear about Oregon, at least for a while.

3 comments:

Ostler & Co. said...

mean ticket lady probably has no friends

renostar said...

Hey this is Starlyn. Found your blog so I thought I would comment on your angry Delta rant. If you do venture outside of Southwest's realm of destinations, might I suggest United? I have always had good experiences with them. Happy future travels!

Mindy said...

I HATE HATE HATE Delta.(Delta stand for Devils evil lazy transportation ASS-ociation by the way). They employ only other carriers employee rejects who are bitter about being rejects but aren't ambitious enough to do anything about thier sorry state of being and instead find that thier only pleasure can come form inflicting pain, misery and suffering in other people and thier budgets. I have never had a good experience with Delta and I'm soo sorry that you had to deal with this!