Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fourteen Months

For those of you who read this blog regularly you may have the impression that I don't like being a mother, that I take my daughter for granted, or that I'm just not very good at this whole "mother" thing.

I will blame all of those things on my writing tone, which I have been told (and I agree) is pretty sarcastic...  sometimes dripping with the stuff.  If you ever meet me it may make more sense.

I will say that I am still learning how to be a good mom, but other than that I despise reading mommy blogs where the children do nothing wrong.

My children are perfect!  When they poop it smells like flowers!  I don't know what a tantrum is?

Nonsense mommy bloggers.  Non. Sense.  Therefore, my approach is more realistic, I like to try to be honest, but I do tend to leave out a lot of the awesome stuff, where I am amazed by her and what fills me with adoration.

My baby is fourteen months old today.  FOURTEEN MONTHS!  I am thrilled how much she has grown and developed.  She talks up a thunderstorm, words include, but are not limited to:

1. Mommy
2. Daddy
3. doggy
4. puppy
5. kitty
6. hang on
7. down
8. thank you
9. mama
10. Maggie
11. really
12. hi
13. that one

and more that I can't think of right now.

JG knows what she wants and will get upset if she doesn't get it, however we are figuring out a negotiating process.  She is growing more confident about walking every day.  And she is hilarious and constantly doing the unexpected.  All the time.

Oh man.  Being a mother is such a challenge, but we are working it out together, one stress-filled and love absorbing day at a time.

No comments: