Saturday, November 01, 2008

Fun with Fetus'

This image was created by Dylan Meconis.  This is definitely how I feel about Brian -- I mean, it's great having a fetus.  I'm at 12 weeks now, so the morning sickness (which is more of a nightly thing lately) is supposed to start becoming less of a problem.  

Last night Halloween was a bit of bust.  We had 7 trick-or-treaters.  Oh, you heard right, 7.  Last year we had something like 60.  We figure the trunk-or-treat going on at the church up the street killed the fun for the night.  We even dressed up!  We forgot to take pictures, but I was a skeleton zombie and Alex was creeping death.  I mean, we had masks and everything, and freaking Utah parents decided to kill Halloween by carting their fat kids from trunk to trunk in a parking lot.  Halloween is about WALKING house to house and asking strangers for candy!  It's kind of scary!  But mostly it's fun!  But, oh no, parents around here....  I'm so mad about it.  I bought 10 lbs of candy to give out, and now I'll have to take half of it back to Costco today to return it.  Boo!  Alex and I decided our kids will definitely go out for candy, and they can eat it until their sick.  Because that's what Halloween is about.

Plus, you see, I grew up in tiny Rigby, Idaho.  There were many Halloweens where we would trek through the SNOW, our costumes mostly obliterated by warm coats and shoes, to get candy. Now, If I had fun trick-or-treating in 20-30 degree weather, other kids would have loved last night when it was 70 degrees and warm.  Utah parents are such weenies.  

1 comment:

renostar said...

I kind of wish the Utah parents in our neighborhood had a) less children and b) thinned out the masses with a trunk or treat. My husband had to make an additional trip to the store once our 10 lbs of candy were exhausted. When the reserves were blown through, we finally locked the doors, turned off all the lights and hid dowstairs. I'm proud of you for dressing up! What exactly does "creeping death" look like?