Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pregnancy: 15 1/2 weeks and counting...

So I woke up at three AM last night and couldn't fall back to sleep.  I originally woke up because the warning bells of "if you don't pee now you'll poison yourself" went off, and when I laid back down I realized I was starving.  STARVING!  At freaking three in the morning.  I tried to just fall back to sleep, mainly because I've never been one of those who can get out of bed and make herself a sandwich...

But I noticed that my cat, Mael, was shivering on my pillow.  I stared at him for about twenty minutes, his giant gold eyes staring back.  Shivering.  My dog kept sticking her head out of the covers and looking at me, so I took her outside so she could pee.  Got back in bed and was so hungry (like starvin' Marvin) that I had to go to the fridge and eat two fat green olives.  I inhaled them.  And, yes, they are a large part of my diet -- the green italian olive stuffed with various whatnot allows me to curb a weird salty craving I've been having.  

I bought the big jars at Costco last week, and one of them is almost gone.  

My favorite part of the olive is that after I eat a few I want a cookie, or something sweet.  Then when I burp it tastes like vanilla ice cream.  It's sort of creepy.  Yet delicious.

The most annoying thing about being pregnant, thus far, is that anything can give me gas.  Something as innocent as water can make me burp for twenty minutes.  Or worse, but I'm sure you don't want to hear about that.  

At least the morning sickness is mainly gone -- after this next week it's supposed to be absolutely gone, but who knows.  Out of all the pregnant women I know mine has been the worst.  This is most telling when they say, "What, you actually puked?"  Yes, and there were some days when I would puke twice.  Thank god for nausea medication -- I only lost four pounds due to being sick.  It was much worse last time, but maybe more on that next time.  But at my last doctor's appointment I had gained five pounds -- so overall I'm up one pound.  Woo-hoo pregnancy weight.

One more thing, we watched I am Legend last night.  I really liked it, which surprised me.  But, how can you not like Will Smith?  Come on.  He's attractive AND talented.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

your pregnant posts are all over the place! (but sooo glad you're posting!) first olives, then puking then will smith! HA! you crack me up... glad you still like olives- now i know hwat to get you for christmas!!!