Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Blue Ribbon MOTHER-LOVERS!

Put that in your pipe and smoke it! Yeah! (If you squint past my grinning mug to the chicken with the blue ribbon dangling from his hand, that's what I'm all up in your grill about.)

This week has been interesting.

My cat (the one who is still available if you'd like to purchase him) is in his third week of wearing a cone on his head. Said cone was necessary because he would NOT stop licking his damned maimed foot. So not only have I been caring for JGR, I've also been nursing a sick cat back to health... which is not fun. I have stories... but, I won't share them out of fear of seriously grossing out my small pool of readers.

By the by, my cat has eosinophilic granulomas (warning, the pictures are gross, and he has had this in his mouth, paws, and neck), which requires steroid injections and guarantee's that he will eventually have diabetes. Awesome.

JGR has been refusing naps and bedtime, and screams/cries like crazy when I try to get her to sleep. Joy. It's times like these when I think of how naive high school girls are when they pursue pregnancy in hopes of bearing a bubbly happy baby. (Hey, this happened at my high school.)

Let me tell you, high school girl, do not do it. Babies are freakin' hard, and I've had to push all thoughts of dropping said baby, or throwing said baby, or doing anything un-motherly to said baby out of my head.

I don't want to go to prison.

So it's times like these when I thank the G-O-D that I live near both sets of grandparents and I can pawn her off on them. Er, I mean, have them care for her when I am unable.

She's going through a transition where certain things I'm used to working with her are no longer working. (I have to admit that when I say "things" I mean "boobs," and while they can be one of the last things I turn to, when my boobs don't work, I'm clueless as to how to help sooth her.) So, in hopes of figuring out what the (hell) is going on, we gave her some rice cereal tonight. She'll be five-months-old next week, and she seems to be hungry after I feed her, so why not?

And you know what? Fell asleep like a charm tonight. Cried a bit, but nothing compared to the last few nights.

Now I leave you with some kitty abuse. I don't know how he lives with himself.




These two make me exhausted. I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

YEAH!!!! a blue ribbon! thats sooo cool. you are sooo hte coolest kid on your block. Nowadays nobody gets blue ribbons. It's really hard to get a blue ribbon. I work my A$$ off adn I've never gotten a blue ribbon. This award is so rare that you should frame it and show it off. I'm thinking a frame with a gold leaf and a mug shot of the testes chicken... As for that screaming baby, just mail her over to NYC. we'll give her something to cry about! (and then lots more to giggle about but thats between me and her...) And as for mel- ohhh poor pussy, i feel bad for him. its like we're soulmates or something... i just want to shoot him up with pain killers laced with catnip and take all the pain and frustration away...
hugs to you all...

Joan said...

I love reading these entries about your life. I think your toys are amazing and I'm, of course, thrilled about what a good mother you are. I, as one of the people who has tended her, am always thrilled to see her or watch her. Keep that baby coming....and I think sweet Mel is a treasure. How does he put up with her?