Monday, March 22, 2010

Eh.

It can be very grating to spend my mornings with a group of lazy, apathetic teenagers.  For the most part they are your average 14/15-year-olds, eyes glazed over, talking non-stop, and drinking overly caffeinated beverages.  However, the majority of them are also brilliant, which may only add to my aggravation.

Suffice it to say they may be rubbing off on me.  I have always been a procrastinator, but it may be getting worse.  For example, I haven't updated this blog for a week.

I just didn't feel like it.

It's not like nothing happened, I did turn 30 last week.  THIRTY.  

JG is cutting two teeth, which is really adding to her...um, pleasant demeanor?  Last night she would not sleep without me, so I just threw the towel in and went to bed early with her.  It's uncomfortable, my arms fall asleep, but by golly she didn't cry all night.  (We here at the PoetsHead household don't have the patience for the "cry it out" method.  I've adopted my sisters logic: there is such a short window of time where you can fulfill ALL of your child's needs, why deny them something that can be so easy to give?)

Mael is out of his cone.  For now.  Already I can see his foot getting bad again, but I figure that he should have some time out of the confinement of his cone.

Alex brought home a Doctor Who pinball machine.  He now has FOUR pinball machines.



I am such a good wife.



I got my hair cut.  It's really short and I really like it, but the back of my head and neck are cold all the time.  What is up with that?


And, finally, JG is 10-months-old.  Holy crap, she'll be a year-old in no time.  


(Here she is last month, taming a wild balloon Alex gave her)

2 comments:

Spencer said...

Did the guitar case come with the machine?

Mindy said...

wheres the pic of your new hair cut?!?! share share share...