Sunday, January 25, 2009

Stress Relief

You know, in my non-pregnant days, when I was stressed I would sit back and drink a beer... or two.  But now, because I am forced to take into consideration my 24-week-old fetus I can't partake of the sweet brewed nectar.  Instead I eat a candy bar or imbibe a BigGulp.  

Unfortunately, although these are delicious things, they do not relieve me of my overwhelming stress and anxiety.  I'm teaching tomorrow and I'm trying to write up next weeks lesson plans and I am going to EXPLODE.  I can feel that I'm on the edge of a full blown anxiety attack, and I don't really know what to do about it.

I know, you're saying, "Get back to work, yo.  Finish your lesson plans and get it over with."

Well, yeah.  Duh.  However, my mentor teacher threw me some curve balls this last week, like how she thinks it's important that I include grammar lessons.  Yes, I am going to be an English teacher, but I HATE grammar.  My mother-in-law tried explaining some grammar foundations to me yesterday and I just stared at her in blank horror.  I had to tell her twice that I had no idea what she had just said.  Something with the phrase "nominative predicate," whatever that is.

Ugh.  So, I would really love to have a beer right now, but for Brian I won't.  He does love the candy bar's and BigGulp's, he kicks/punches/moves like squid after I pig out.  Poor kid, I'm probably setting him up to be an obese child.  I've been watching too many programs on TLC titled "Half-Ton Teen."  Believe me, any program dealing with really fat people, Alex and I record it and watch it... invariably when we're eating dinner in front of the TV.  

Puh.  Okay, back to trying to be optimistic with my week.  Have a good day, if you can.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'm supposed to be writing a week's worth of lesson plans too, but instead, I'm reading your blog. My brain was sick of trying to figure out how to teach 7th graders to multiply matrices. Like anyone actually needs to know how to do that.