Friday, February 05, 2010

A dark yearning

Okay.

I have to admit something.

I was watching Ellen the other day.  And, whilst watching Ellen, where she had sent a viewer to the Grammy's gift tent, I saw a pair of shoes that I'm not sure I cannot live without.


Seriously.


Now, I have a couple things to say before I show you the shoes.  First off, I don't believe that buying things will fill some empty chasm in my soul.  I know better.  For that reason I have forsaken buying new clothes whilst being a stay-at-home-mom (I mean, really, my uniform is sleep pants and a sweat shirt, it's HOT and practical).  And, when I eventually get a job, I've made rules as to what professional clothes I can buy and how much.  I don't need a huge wardrobe, just enough so that my students don't make fun of me.  I want them to make fun of me for who I am, not for what I'm wearing.... (Mainly because I remember some of my high school teachers who wore the same thing week after week.)

Secondly, these shoes are on the edge of being horrendously ugly.  And that is exactly how I like my shoes.  I want to be able to pass people and have their faces contort as if asking, "Why God, why make such shoes that make me feel as if I'm going to be smothered by a group of tiny mouth-breathing toe-biters?"

Okay, I doubt that's what they'd really think, but it would put a smile on my face if it did.

And, thirdly, these shoes LIGHT UP.  YES!  You know, like the shoes you see little kids running around in?  YES!  I WANT THEM SO BADLY!

They also remind me of the LA Gear shoes I had when I was 11.  (But those were pretty, not ugly.)

Now, there are two colors I'm trying to decide between (for that other dimension where I can buy anything on impulse) - gold and red.  I'm leaning a bit more towards the gold, mainly because they say GAUDY so well, but the red ones are nice too.


I know, you're asking yourself why you ever bothered to read my blog in the first place.  But it's about to get better.



The gold ones have pink lights (in the heel!) and the red ones have red lights, of course.

Now can you see how crazy I am?  The kind of crazy that longs to spend $100 bucks on a pair of hideous gold shoes that have pink lights and light up with ever step I take?  I have to keep reminding myself I am going to be 30 next month, and are these really the type of shoes a 30 year-old would wear?









What?

I STILL want them...

2 comments:

Jessica Stoor said...

i think you should get them!!! spoil yourself a little! being a stay at home mom IS a full time job with lots of over-time that you can't leave and go home from.... seeing as you're already at home!!! so yeah those are my justifications and rationalizations for the day! hope you enjoyed them!!!
love ya cuz
love jess

Jessica said...

I dunno, if I were to pass you walking down the street, I think the red ones would make me stop and stare more than the gold ones. That's just me though. Yay for awesomely hideous shoes!