Tuesday, March 17, 2009

29 Today

Happy birthday to me!  I get to spend my day at a teacher's job fair and finishing writing up my lesson plans for the unit I taught at my junior high!  Oh, and that should be followed up with shrimp scampi and cake.  

It's all about the cake.

It's nice not having to worry about teaching right now, but I must say that my brain -- which was fully occupied with teaching before -- has once again become soft.  It allows me to reflect on the easier and nicer things in life, such as movies.  For the first time since... December(?) Alex and I went and saw a movie, The Watchmen.  I didn't have very high expectations of it, but I really enjoyed it.  A bit of a warning though, the blue guy is naked through a good deal of the movie.  It bothered Alex, but I barely noticed it.  I guess I figure a penis is a penis, naked and bright blue or not.

This week has started off on a bit of a poopy note.  I went for my prenatal visit yesterday and my doctor (who, you should know, I think is awesome) told me I'm not measuring "big enough" and I haven't been gaining "enough weight."  I am 31 weeks pregnant and should be measuring around 31 centimeters from pubis to fundus (the top of the uterus), but I'm only measuring 28 centimeters.  I started my pregnancy at 110 lbs and am currently 128 lbs -- which is the same as it was four weeks ago.  So, she wants me to go in for an ultrasound to make sure Brian (the fetus) is growing the way he's supposed to.

Is it strange that I kind of hate going in for ultrasounds?  They have this negative connotation for me (I had four at the very beginning of this pregnancy, and one very bad one last year).  

However, Brian's heartbeat is strong and he moves around like a freakish squid.  Seriously.  Oh, and he's had hiccups all morning, that's been a joy.

As far as pictures of the belly goes -- you see, I look "cute" (read dressed) for about ten minutes after getting home, and then my cute clothes come off to be replaced with comfortable clothes that don't restrict my movements (waddly though they may be).  So, I have good intentions, I just haven't stayed "dressed" long enough to do it.  Soon, though, soon.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday CarleyAnne! I was planning on calling later, but I don't want to interrupt the cake eating. I love you and am so glad you are a part of my life.

P.S. So glad that Brian is fine and, if you want, I'll come take pictures of you. :)