Monday, March 02, 2009

The light...

Four more days of teaching! Two more weeks at my Jr. High! I can see the light at the end of the freaking tunnel!

Okay, that's enough with the exclamation points... I sort of hate those things.

I haven't updated in a while, mainly because I've got pregnant brain AND I'm student teaching -- which doesn't make for a good mix. Brian is fine, he's just kicking away and keeping me up at night. The cats still like to sleep on him. Although, I think Opal gets confused and upset when she tries to lie on my belly and he kicks her. It's like she can't imagine why anyone would want to hurt her so.

My husband is awesome and finally finished our basement. What was covered in 60's orange carpet and unfinished walls has turned into one of the most comfortable area's in the house. It got new commercial nylon carpet (come on, with three animals and a baby, we had to go with the hardy stuff), and Alex finished mudding/sanding/building the walls. And then it all got painted -- well, except for our awesome wood paneling. I know that confuses some, but it has a nice warm glow and it really has grown on us over the last four years. So it stays.

I spent my weekend sending more old crap to the D.I. That makes two trips in the last three weeks. Two trips where the CRV was stuffed full of old stuff that hopefully somebody else wants. I find it very creepy to go through old things and realize that all the reasons for keeping it are stupid, and that I really just have to let it go. I had four pairs of my dad's Levi's I didn't want to let go of -- I never wore them, I just wanted to keep them. I finally had to tell myself that he would be so PLEASED to know I got rid of them, he really doesn't like it when I wear his old pants... not like they'd fit now anyway.

Okay, I will try to post a picture of my roundness soon. I keep meaning to, but once again, I will blame student teaching and my pregnant brain.

TWO WEEKS!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yay! Now I can have my Carley back. We need to hang out soon.