Friday, March 06, 2009

Insert Evil Laugh Here...

I'm done! I'm done! I'm done!

Not that the last six weeks haven't been an enriching experience. I mean, standing in somebody else's classroom, teaching their students, trying to continue teaching the lessons they would prefer me to do -- all of those things helped make this a memorable and valuable experience. I do have to say that the fact my mentor is NOT looking forward to having her classes back does make me smile. She observed one of the easier classes earlier this week and then jumped all over me for my lack of control over them.

(In the students defense, they're not usually that bad, but I am far more lenient on them then I am other class periods because the class doesn't have nearly as many students as other periods... whatever.)

I wanted to tell her that the way she controls her classes -- through condescending comments and somewhat manipulative language -- makes a lot of her students hate her. The A students love her, and she loves them, but she can be mean to those that don't fit into her definition of what is "the right kind of student."

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love the weird kids who may or may not be failing. I was a weird kid, so I guess there's some sort of camaraderie there.

Sorry, I don't mean to vent. I'm just so excited to put an end to this strange charade they call student teaching. Now I get to start on looking for a job and interviewing with school districts.

I don't want to. I'm tired and I want to spend a full week watching old episodes of Angel. I love you Joss Whedon.

Hopefully, getting all of my brain power back will help me focus more on the fetus (Brian) that has made me large and wobbly. I'm running out of clothes to wear to school, and I'm looking forward to not having to worry about what bra I wear. I think I may just start leaving those evil things at home... if my boobs can handle the freedom.

I measured my belly around its largest part last night -- 37 inches. Yup. I'm hungry all of the time, I eat all of the time, and I think most of it is going to Brian, who should be about 3 pounds now.

Okay, I'm done. Go back to your daily routine. I have to write a resume now... that's two days late...

3 comments:

Ostler & Co. said...

carley!!! oh how I love to hear how you're doing. can't wait to meet the little guy . . by the way, you'll the be coolest teacher I know :)

Mindy said...

YEAH!!!!!!
you're done!!!!!
WHOO HOOO!!!!!
a few things: 1.) blogs are for venting. we want to hear it. thats why we come here. we want to hear how stupid the rest of the world is and how you so mercifully put up with it ;' )
2.)nothing is wrong with you for loving and supporting the weird kids. thats who needs it the most. the smart kids need a little less of it.
3. when are goign to fucking put up a prego pic of you? i can't imagine you pregnant! i need proof! you could be lying to us all and just getting fat off mexican food. how am i to know otherwise?
4. you need to check out 2 series that I am infatuated with right now- supernatual (if you dont I have the first 3 seasons on my iPod and will make- I mean let- you watch them when I come for a week. we can snuggle on the couch and share headphones)and I just started watching Jerico and I dig it.
5. let the boobs run free! except that when they get big and that hurts. try sports bras- they're more comfy...
LOVE YOU!!!!

Mindy said...

sorry for swearing on your blog... I know how you teachers don't like swearing...