Friday, March 27, 2009

All's Fine

I love the doctor who does the ultrasounds at my clinic.  She is wonderful.

Well, Brian weighs in at 4 lbs. and 3 oz. and is in the 44th percentile -- basically, my fetus is exactly where he needs to be.  His environment is safe; the amniotic fluid is at a healthy 14 oz and the placenta hasn't matured (which happens sometimes, it prevents the fetus from getting all the nutrients it needs).  

Dr. Anne also said that smaller women, like me, tend to carry the baby towards the back and that me measuring small doesn't mean too much.  She also said some women never measure anywhere near the 40 cm doctors expect to see as you near your due date.

Whew.  I feel so relieved to know that Brian is getting what he needs.  The due date has moved up one day, to May 14th, which is my grandma's birthday.  It would be really awesome if he could be born on that day.

Okay, I'm rambling.  

Alex and I did get to see some 3D scans of Brian's little face.  He's got little chubby cheeks, but was effectively hiding most of his face behind his hands.  We also resisted asking about the sex again.  We saw some... stuff, but I wouldn't say I'm qualified to actually say what any of it was.

Alright, I guess I better get around to start researching for my 10-12 page paper for my MAT program... that I've been procrastinating for quite some time...  even though I'd rather do so many other things...

2 comments:

canyon said...

Are we gonna get to see the 3D pic?

Ostler & Co. said...

carlllleeeyyyy! when you mentioned brian's weight, i thought he came already! we were talking about you at work today, gayle came in to volunteer. lots of happenings lately (scott, carol, geri, merna all retiring may 1). crazy huh. sure miss you . .by the way, jeremy's birthday is may 14th . . every 3 years it lands on mothers day :)