Tuesday, March 24, 2009

As Promised

For those of you who live far away (Mindy) this is what I look like -- at least this was me a week ago on a walk with Stella.  Doesn't she look so happy?  

Now, I'm sure you want more of a "detailed" photo... but just think of how long it took me to post this one.

Other than walking the dog I've started being a student again, one who is unwilling to start writing the papers I'm supposed to be writing.  That's right, I'd rather be watching petty TV than researching inequity in schools.  Blah.

We also made a trip to Ikea (weird how a four letter word has three syllables) for baby stuff.  Alex spent the weekend putting furniture together.  His parents were worried that it would be horrid for him, but they don't realize that he LOVES building and putting things together.  Yes, it takes hours, and he loves it.  All that remains to be built is the crib.  Here is what we have so far:

The bee has wheels and can be ridden on.  Yes, it is meant for three year olds, but Alex and I couldn't leave the store without it.  So, now we have some baby furniture, a bee, and a giant dragon kite for Brian's room.  We are so prepared.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

AHH!!!!!!!! I am sooo glad you posted this! Yeah!!! Now you really look pregnant!!!
I love the nursery furniture you picked out. Great choices! and I really heart that bee! how cute! (too bad a 29 year old new yorker can't ride it. are you sure they didn't have one our size?)