Saturday, January 23, 2010

It is Done

I did it.

I finally followed the crowd.

I joined facebook.


I know, you are all utterly amazed and can't believe it... or you don't really care.  Whatever.

I was thinking this last week about what an isolationist I am, how I spend so much time all by my lonesome (and JG), and how I am horrible at reaching out and being social.

Now, I realized that in today's day and age there is technology that can help to temper such an unhealthy way of living.  It's called social media, and I too can join the herd and connect with people I haven't talked to in years.

And I have!  Old best friends, ex-boyfriends (ok, just the one), people I went to school with.

But, I do have to say that I'm only acknowledging the people with names I recognize (and let me tell you, I am terrible with names).

It's so weird to talk the people I haven't known anything about for so long.  It's really nice to catchup and see how well they're doing.  No one that I know of has ended up in a crack house with some nasty monkey on their back.  And that is good.  All is good.

The sky hasn't fallen the way I thought it would if I signed up.  I'm actually pretty happy I did.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Glad you joined. I like facebook just because it reminds me that there are other living, breathing adults that I enjoy talking to and gives me the illusion of having a social life.

BTW, I finally updated my blog, in case you are interested.